Q: Power steering assist fault - 2013 Ford Explorer

Message comes on power steering assist fault.. My vechile backs out good.. But when I put it n drive n turn wheel that's when light comes on..

A: Hi there. There is a Ford Recall (#14V28600...

Hi there. There is a Ford Recall (#14V286000) regarding your electrically-assisted power steering. This is directly related to the problems you are experiencing, and can also cause momentary loss of power assist. I would check with Ford to have this repaired under the recall. Contact your local Ford dealer service for an appointment or get in touch with customer service for further help.