Q: brake pad lubricant

included in my set of front brake pads (KOY1-33-28ZA Mazda) are two lubricant packs. What is the dark-black pack used for and what is the brown-gold pack used for?

The black liquid is used as an anti-rattle coating for the back of the brake pads. You would normally put a thin coating on the backing plate, where it meets up with the caliper, and it is designed to keep the brake pads from rattling, or chattering. The goldish colored liquid is an anti-seize lubricant that is designed to be used on the sliders, or the shims. It is designed to allow the brake pad to move in and out more freely, when the brake pedal is applied. If this is a procedure that you are unfamiliar with, I would highly recommend contacting a certified mechanic, like those available at YourMechanic.com, because improper use of either of the components can easily lead to an unsafe driving condition.