Q: How to replace the cam shaft sensor.

I have a loud chirping noise coming from my mustang. I was told it was the cam shaft sensor. I replaced the belt, pulley, and alternator. I just need to know how to take the cam shaft sensor off.

The camshaft sensor on this engine is mounted on top of the synchronizer in the front center of motor. The noise may be in the housing and not the sensor. The sensor can be removed from the synchronizer housing and check to see if the sensor was hitting the synchronizer. If it is not hitting then the noise is in synchronizer and not the sensor. The synchronizer requires a special tool to install it and should not be replaced unless tool is used.

3. How to replace the cam shaft sensor.