Q: Air bag light staying on and now the car won't start.

Air bag light stays on and dings when the van is in motion. The light stays on even when the key is not in the ignition. This problem started when I had the battery replaced recently. The van sat for about 12 days after this problem started, and now the battery is dead. I tried to jumpstart with jumper cables, but the connection started sparking when I attached the negative cable clamp.Is this a problem you can fix and how much would it cost?

There has seen many same complaints of the air bag light on these vehicles and may be a manufacturer problem at this point. I would not recommend any one attempt a repair unless they are qualified to do so. The air bags are very dangerous and may hurt someone not knowing what they are doing or do not have the tools to check it properly. You can have both the no-start and the air bag light inspected by a certified mechanic from YourMechanic.