Q: Won't start anymore

asked by on December 24, 2016

I got the truck about a month or two ago, and had bad gas in it when I brought it over to my house so every now and then I would start it up and let it run to drain the gas out. Eventually one time when it was running, it shut off I assumed it was because it ran out of gas. But now it has not started up since then, I've already replaced the battery, then charged it but it still will not turn over. It will crank though

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. It sounds like you have a fuel system issue. If the vehicle was running with bad fuel in it then that fuel may have caused the fuel pump to fail or it may have clogged the fuel filter or the carburetor. I usually start by checking for spark and then adding some fuel to the engine to see if it will start. If it does then I know it is a fuel system issue. If you want to have your K20 checked out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why it will not start] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-not-starting-inspection

Hello. A no start condition can be caused by many things. If the engine is cranking then that is a sign that the battery and starter are probably okay and not the source of the issue. A few common causes for a no start are problems with the fuel, ignition, or engine management system. If any of the major components to these systems, such as the fuel pump, ignition coil, or crank position sensor, fail or have an issue then they can prevent the vehicle from starting and running. If there is still old fuel in the tank it may also be possible that the vehicle is not able to start due to the stale fuel. If this is the case adding fresh fuel or octane booster additive may help the issue. I would try to determine if the vehicle is getting fuel and spark, and go from there. If you are unsure, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose what may be causing your no start condition, as the possibilities could be many.