Q: P0134

asked by on September 30, 2016

Drove my car and it smelled like a rotten egg, but it quickly disappeared. Then the check engine light came on and we got Code P0134. Can someone explain to me what I would need to do? Or where to start? Thanks

Hi there, thanks for writing in. Code P0134 relates to the oxygen sensor -- something is wrong with this part. Normally the quick fix is just replacing the O2 sensor itself, however if this does not fix it, you may want to consider the following as well having it inspected. I recommend starting by replacing the oxygen sensor, which we at YourMechanic and perform by coming to your home or office to do so.