Q: Nail in tire was removed but tire did not lose air. Nail did not penetrate all the way thru. Is tire still safe?

I was going to repair tire that had a nail showing in the middle of tire. Removed the nail expecting to have air loss but found nail did not go all the way through. Is tire safe to continue driving on it?

Hey there. As long as you sprayed soapy water on the area and no leak was found then you should be okay to operate the car without too much worry. If there was a leak, you would begin to see air bubbles where air is purging out of the tire. I would still bring the car to a tire shop to double check and make sure that it is okay to drive on.

• Nail in tire was removed but tire did not lose air. Nail did not penetrate all the way thru. Is tire still safe?