Q: Emergency brake light on

The emergency brake light stays on when the emergency brake is not pulled up. I was told that a sensor needs to be replaced.

A: The red brake light is primarily lit when y...

The red brake light is primarily lit when you apply the emergency brake, but it also lights up when you have a hydraulic problem with the brakes. Things like low fluid levels, leaking wheel cylinders, or brake hoses can also get the red light to come on and stay on. Because of the safety concern, I would suggest seeking the help of a qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you determine the cause of the light. Experiencing brake failure can be a very dangerous, so I would get this looked at as soon as possible.