Q: Hard to turn steering wheel

It is hard to turn the steering wheel, and it makes a noise while driving.

A: It sounds like you are low on power steerin...

It sounds like you are low on power steering fluid; power steering pumps are very noisy when they are low on fluid. You will also lack power assist. Check the reservoir with the engine off; if the fluid level is low, add fluid until it is at the full mark. Start the engine; it will take some time for the pump to quiet down. Look under the car for major leaks, shut it off and check the fluid again. Chances are you have a leak, but it is possible that the pump has gone bad if the fluid level was ok, but the wheel is hard to turn. I recommend having a certified technician come out to your Maxima's location to run a diagnostic inspection on your steering wheel's difficulty turning, then suggest the best path to repair.