Q: What makes an automatic transmission not to change gears?

asked by on December 26, 2016

I have a Dodge sxt and now accelerate up to 40km. I want to know what is the cause of that?

Hi there. Check the throttle cable to the transmission and make sure that its not broken or loose. If the transmission does not have a kick down cable, then the kick down solenoid could be not working causing the transmission not to shift until a higher rpm. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transmission.