Q: Anti theft light still blinking while car is running, unable to shift gears.

Hello, and good afternoon. When i turn the vehicle on, sometimes the anti theft light will be blinking, and the radio as well as the navigation will cut off. I am also unable to shift gears when that happens. It only recently occurred and usually the occurrences are weeks apart. Is it a Fuse issue ? or something more serious ? Thank you. Ted.

You may have a problem with the immobilizer system. I would suggest using a different key to see if the problem is one of the keys having a problem or the vehicle unit having problems recognizing the keys. If only one key is having a problem, then replace the key. Otherwise, the immobilizer will need further inspection to diagnose the cause of the Anti-Theft Light and get your car back on the road again.

3. Anti theft light still blinking while car is running, unable to shift gears.