Q: My ford f 150 want turn over changed battery

asked by on September 12, 2017

The truck will turn over but not stay running. Changed the battery and it stayed running, tried to start it later and ig would not turn over and stay running

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello. There may be one of several issues wrong. When having starting and running issues, always verify that the alternator and battery are working perfectly first. Make sure the battery cables and grounds are clean, dry, and tight. From there, check the fuel pressure to make sure the fuel pump is keeping up and that the fuel filter is not clogged. Once you know you have proper fuel pressure at the engine, you can look into the spark system and verify the plugs are receiving a signal, and that the plugs are in good condition. You can also attempt to scan the truck for diagnostic codes, even without a check engine or warning light on. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr