Q: my battery keeps going dead with a new alternator and new battery

asked by on August 30, 2016

When i jump the car off it want stay running i just put a brand new battery in it 2 weeks ago. Wake up it want crank. Jump it off she runs and then cut off

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Oldsmobile 98. You need to have the charging system checked to see if the alternator is charging the battery. You may have a blown main fuse if the alternator is proven to be charging but doesn’t get a charge to the battery. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the issue with your battery if you’re unable to pinpoint the issue yourself.