Q: install ac in a no ac car

i was wondering how hard it would be and if i would have to do any customization to install an ac into a non-ac car

To convert a vehicle that did not originally come with air conditioning to a vehicle that does have air conditioning can be VERY difficult. I would only recommend doing this on maybe an older classic car. Starting at the heart of the A/C system is the compressor. You would have to get a compressor for your vehicle preferably an OEM one as well as the bracket that enables you to mount the compressor to the engine. You would then need to get the correct sized belt for your engine with A/C.

After the compressor is installed, you will need to install the condenser near the radiator. After the condenser is installed you will want to connect the discharge hose from the compressor to the condenser. You will then want to install an evaporator under the dash. This is the most difficult part of installing an aftermarket air conditioning system as many under dash air distribution systems are completely sealed and do not allow for any customization at all.

If this is the case, a whole new air distribution system (ducts) would need to be installed under the dash. Once the evaporator is in place, the suction line can be connected from the evaporator to the compressor and the liquid line can be connected from the evaporator to the condenser. You will also want to make sure that you use an accumulator or a receiver drier depending on which type of A/C system you install. This will keep the A/C system from building up too much moisture. This is a very time consuming and expensive job but it can be done.