Q: Bad steering problem, wheel locks up

The electric power steering light on the dashboard of my 2009 Hyundai Elantra will come on randomly and the steering will lock up in the center position. This is very unsafe! I don't understand how a vehicle with less than 50,000 miles on it has problems like this. What can I do to correct it?

A: Your car is equipped with electric power st...

Your car is equipped with electric power steering. The vehicle needs to be checked for codes in the steering system. If there are none present, please contact Hyundai to see if your vehicle is covered under recall #15V100000 for Hyundai power steering issues or Technical Services Bulletin (TSB) 12-ST-001. You will need your VIN to see if you are covered.