Q: Engine is overheating and heater has stopped working

The engine was replaced in my vehicle. It worked fine, but now the a/c isn't working. I do a little car repair and I discovered that there's no freon. What do you suggest that I do from here?

A: If the engine was replaced and the AC refri...

If the engine was replaced and the AC refrigerant system was drained then the system should be put under a vacuum for a minimum of 30 minutes to ensure all moisture is boiled out and then leak tested to ensure system integrity. An AC system can be injected and charged to see if there are leaks. Now the AC system can build pressures in excess of 250 psi along with fact that refrigerant can cause serious frostbite injury if exposed to the skin so only a certified mechanic should service an AC system. Generally, AC system charging information will be located on a service label under the hood of the vehicle. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the equipment and certifications to service, inspect, and diagnose your AC system.