Q: Engine revving while in park

Engine use to rev high on start up and slowly comes down after a while now engine keeps reviving up and down while In park

Typically, a large vacuum leak may cause a high engine idle and if large enough can cause an erratic idle or stall. The throttle body on the engine of these vehicle adjust themselves to account for carbon build up and cleaning the throttle body without resetting the adjustment can cause idle concerns as well. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at the vehicle and offer a more personal diagnosis if your rough idle.

3. Engine revving while in park