Q: Radiator hose busted

My AC stopped working, and when I stopped, I noticed steam coming off of the engine. The entire top of the engine is covered in coolant. It could be a busted hose or something similar, I am not sure.

Hi there, the engine cooling system is a sealed system to prevent coolant from getting out into the environment. Coolant all over the top of the engine and steam when the engine is warm and stopped indicates a leak in the cooling system. The cooling system components such as radiator, hoses, thermostat housing, etc. will need to be inspected for cracks. Cracked components and leaks will need to be repaired, the cooling system will need to be pressure tested to ensure system integrity and filled and bled to ensure proper system operation.

3. Radiator hose busted