Q: Loud knocking while driving straight and while turning left and right

asked by on September 30, 2016

While driving it first started out as knocking when turning the steering wheel left or right (happened turning both directions) and then eventually continued the same sound while driving straight down the road, didn't matter if i was turning or not.

Engine Mount Replacement $112.84 - $1607.30 Get a Quote
Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. If the knocking only occurs when the vehicle is moving then you either have an engine mount issue or a suspension problem. A knocking is usually the result of bad starts, a loose ball joint, or a bad bushing.

To diagnose this, I would get the vehicle in the air to inspect these parts for wear. Any of these can be bad and cause this. If those are all fine then the engine mounts need to be checked.

If you are going to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the noise firsthand for an accurate repair.