Q: My car keeps jerking & making a noise.

My car has been having this issue for a while now, where it jerks - it happens randomly and not all of the time, but it happens pretty often & when it does happen, it's usually when I'm getting my speed up, or in stop & go traffic - or when I change gears, my car hesitates & then it jerks. For example, my car will be in drive, I'll put it in reverse & it when I take my foot off of the brake and my car will keep going forward for a second & then jerk and go into reverse. I've taken it to a mechanic, they ran a test, nothing came up, so they changed the transmission fluid. And I've had my transmission fluid checked since then, so that doesn't seem to be the problem. Lately though, I've noticed a noise, it sounds like something under the hood is hitting something else (kind of like a ding) it happens sometimes when I come to a complete stop, and almost every time I put my car into reverse, after starting it up, to back out of the drive way. Do you have any idea what the problem is?

Hi there. Typically when your car will stumble or jerks while you are driving or accelerating, it is caused by a fuel system restriction or ignition system components that are worn out and having a hard time igniting the fuel inside the combustion chamber. In most cases, this is due to fuel injectors or the throttle body being clogged by excessive carbon deposits or a mass air flow sensor that is damaged. It can also be caused by worn out spark plugs or spark plug wires. It is probably a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection. This will allow them to isolate the source of the issue and recommend the right repairs.

3. My car keeps jerking & making a noise.