Q: Why does my 1998 Honda Accord have trouble idling and it is using a lot of gas

The car has had the motor replaced and it's got less then 100,000 on her. It starts fine first thing in morning but then I have to keep foot on gas to keep it started. When I'm driving it she is fine but only when I come to a stop or slow down to 20 mph or less it dies. I can only start it back up once or twice but after that it won't start I have to wait at least 20 min. Please help me figure it out. And I think I'm going threw alot of gas to 200 miles and went threw almost 3/4 of tank

Hi there. If you are using an excessive amount of gas an the engine will not idle properly then you may have a rich condition going on. Most of the time this is caused by either a fuel injector that is leaking, a bad fuel pressure regulator, or more commonly a faulty sensor. If one of the engine sensors are not reading correctly then this will occur. I would typically start by checking the computer for any codes and then checking the sensor readings to see if any of then are reading incorrectly. It is usually a bad oxygen sensor. If you are going to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the car will not idle] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-idle-is-rough-inspection

3. Why does my 1998 Honda Accord have trouble idling and it is using a lot of gas