Q: Given error codes P0012 and P0022

My car gave me error codes P0012 and P0022. It could possibly be the camshaft position sensor, and the variable timing solenoids.

A: If your vehicle was built prior to April 20...

If your vehicle was built prior to April 2009, there is a TSB for this exact issue. When both of these codes appear simultaneously, it is the fault of the timing solenoids. The TSB states to replace the timing solenoids when both of these codes exist. Have a certified mechanic diagnose your timing solenoid issue.

If the vehicle was built after April 2009, you may have a separate issue. If your vehicle was built after that date, I would recommend having the camshaft position sensor tested by a professional, using the manufacturer's diagnostic procedure, to determine if it is functioning correctly.