Q: Clicking noise under the hood? sounds like bearings..

I bought the car with 80K miles on it and i started hearing a fast clicking noise when i start it, and after about 30 mins of driving it just fades away and i have narrowed it down to the front left side of the engine it seems to be either something with the belt tensioners or i was told something to do with my AC compressor, i will be bringing the car in soon but i was wondering if anyone had the same issue ever

A: The clicking sound that you are hearing m...

The clicking sound that you are hearing may perhaps be related to the operation of your AC compressor. The AC compressor, or more specifically the compressor clutch will make a clicking noise when it is engaging or disengaging. Some AC compressors make this sound as part of their normal operation, however if this sound was not present before then that may be a sign of an issue

If it is not related to the AC compressor then it may perhaps be related to the tensioner pulleys, or perhaps an engine mechanical issue. I'd suggest having the vehicle looked at by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic. They will be able to pinpoint the sound in person and make the repairs that are necessary