Q: Battery Drainage

Just replaced the battery in my car about a week ago. Went to turn it on this morning and it wouldn't start. Triple A road side mechanic said the amplifier may be draining it. Any way to prevent this from happening.

There are several things that can drain your battery. The clock, radio, alarm, and other components may be contributing to the battery drain. Make sure that the radio and amplifier is on a switched power source and that they are turning off with the key. You may want to install a master power switch for the stereo system. If you are still having trouble with battery drain, a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, will be able to determine the exact cause of your concern and suggest the repairs that are needed.