Q: Q: should I disconnect the battery?

I'm leaving for 2 weeks and my car will be sitting in the outdoor parking garage in Nebraska while I'm gone. In the past I left it for a month for a trip and it needed jumped/battery replacement. should i or do I need to disconnect the batter?

Hello. Thank you for writing in. There is absolutely no issue with disconnecting the battery while you are gone. It also gives added protection from it be stolen while you are away. If you choose to disconnect the battery, take it inside where it can stay warm. The only way to know how long the battery will last is to perform a draw test on the vehicle and know how much amperage the vehicle pulls while off. All vehicles have some sort of draw on the battery, and a healthy battery will last around a month. Since you are only leaving for two weeks, you may be fine leaving the battery in place.

3. Q: should I disconnect the battery?