Q: Headlights turn on by themselves

My cars headlights are coming on even after I turn them off. Because I went to close my garage door last night and my headlights were on. I put in the key and turned on the ignition to reset the light switch and flipped the high low beam and they finally turned off when I took out my key. Could there be a relay other than the 45 – 46 relay that controls the auto headlight function? Do you know the number in the fuse box and the part number? The dash sensor is not blocked from what I can see. Do you have any other ideas?

Hello. There are only two relays for the headlight control. There may be a problem with the headlight switch malfunctioning. Check to see how long you have the auto shut off timer set to, as it could be set for longer than before. If you are still having problems with this, I would suggest that you have the headlight lighting system inspected by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. Headlights turn on by themselves