Q: How many amps should my car's alternator have for a audio amplifier?

Trying to upgrade car speakings and amp.

If your vehicle has a factory alternator in the vehicle, then I recommend putting in an alternator that can put out 60 amps more than the factory settings. For example, if your alternator puts out 100 amps, then you should get a 160 amp alternator. Most systems have up to 50 amps, so the alternator will not overheat if rated for additional 10 amps more than the system.

• How many amps should my car's alternator have for a audio amplifier?