Q: Power capabilities

asked by on August 30, 2016

Does the 04 Nissan 350z with the VQ35DE start to lose power or break down after 400 horsepower?

Hi there. The engine will not start to break down or lose power at that point. The factory engine does not make that much power on its own so I have to assume you are talking about aftermarket power modifications. If this is the case, the engine will be able to handle this amount of power output, but it will shorten its life span. It is a good idea to upgrade the engine professionally if you want to get this much power out of it. If you need help in doing so, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office to service your vehicle.