Q: Broken headlight cover Hyundai Sonata

I have broken the cover of the right headlight on my vehicle. Do I have to replace the whole assembly or could I just replace the cover shell ?

The outer shell is not vended separately and there is no repair procedure for the type of damage that you have described, at least not any that will create a properly functioning luminaire. Consequently, your only option is to replace the composite headlamp assembly (the entire unit) which is how Hyundai vends the part. If you do not have the Hybrid model or H.I.D. lighting the Hyundai part number for the passenger side composite headlamp assembly for your vehicle is 92102-C2000. Ordinarily, the dealer supplied part will be the best, albeit most expensive, part. However, there is always a possibility of an aftermarket vendor who sells an acceptable unit. To find an acceptable aftermarket unit, though, you have to do a lot of research and, among other things, determine if the unit is CAPA certified or otherwise of adequate quality. Among other things, the problem with aftermarket units is the optics sometimes don’t match the OEM specification, the units leak and they just generally do not match OEM quality; that is why the aftermarket units are less expensive. A professional from YourMechanic can replace this assembly for you, right at your location. You can select the Hyundai part or the aftermarket part. To request replacement, please request service and the responding certified mechanic will resolve this for you, including explaining in more detail your part options so that you can make a decision on the repair that will best suit your needs. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. Broken headlight cover Hyundai Sonata