Q: Radio and bluetooth acting up

asked by on November 06, 2015

I don’t know if it is a software issue or a hardware issue that makes the Sync system in my 2011 Ford Edge act up so much, and I am not really sure how to find that out. The car itself has 40,000 miles on it. I have updated the system several times and still I have issues with the bluetooth function dropping calls and not working correctly. The radio stations can change on their own. Who do I even contact to fix this? A mechanic or an IT person?

Correcting issues like this with Ford Sync can sometimes be challenging, but not impossible to correct. Just as with your computer at home, sometimes simply updating the software is all that is necessary. Sync is a software program which can be updated. You have apparently done this several times without much success. But sometimes more is required. I recommend, as a next step, to reboot your system. This requires installing a reboot app. This is best done by Ford. In some cases it can take several times of doing this before the issue is resolved.