Q: P2173 error code related to AIR DOOR ACTUATOR?

Hi There, I was a problem with the AIR DOOR ACTUATOR, this problem rise a MIL signal into the panel. I changed it and everything went well but today, Electronic Throttle Control led flashing and Electronic Stabilty Control signal remain on. So this last problem could be related to the first one. Maybe the AIR DOOR ACTUATOR has not been well installed? Thanking you in advance

Kind regards,

A: The ETC and ESC lights are likely not rel...

Hello.

The ETC and ESC lights are likely not related to your air door actuator. The air door actuator is an AC component, and not really connected to the electronic throttle control or stability control systems. The ETC light usually comes on when the computer detects an issue with the throttle body or throttle body circuit, it will flash if it detects an issue serious enough to cause potential harm to the engine. For this reason, I would recommend you stop driving the vehicle until the issue is fixed. The ESC light comes on when the computer detects an issue with the stability control system. This is usually due to sensor errors. I would recommend hooking up a scan tool and retrieving the trouble codes, as they will likely shed some insight on what the issues may be.

Regards,

Eduardo YourMechanic