Q: Steering wheel gets stuck and won't turn to center

I need help with my car. The steering wheel gets stuck when I turn it to the left or right, all the way. It then won't return to the normal position. It works fine when I turn to reverse. Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

I can see where this could be a safety issue. You will want to have this looked at as soon as possible. I checked to see if there were any TSB’s, and this is not a common problem. The steering gear and steering linkage need to be checked for binding. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the training and expertise to inspect the steering system and correct the issue.