Q: Steering wheel gets stuck and won't turn to center

I need help with my car. The steering wheel gets stuck when I turn it to the left or right, all the way. It then won't return to the normal position. It works fine when I turn to reverse. Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

I can see where this could be a safety issue. You will want to have this looked at as soon as possible. I checked to see if there were any TSB’s, and this is not a common problem. The steering gear and steering linkage need to be checked for binding. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the training and expertise to inspect the steering system and correct the issue.

3. Steering wheel gets stuck and won't turn to center