Q: The truck will not start when cold.

I have a dodge Ram 1500 SLT that will not crank in the morning but if i wait till it warms up it cranks just fine. tested the battery its good. so what can it be?

A: The old saying about cold cranking amps is ...

The old saying about cold cranking amps is what usually what causes starting issues when it's cold outside. However, that usually has to do with cranking the engine over.

If you're having problems having the engine igniting when it is cold, that's typically causes by a ignition system issue, such as condensation inside the spark plug wires, distributor, or electronic ignition. It could also be an issue with the glow plugs if your Dodge is diesel powered.

If you can't figure it out, you may want to contact one of our local mobile mechanics to give you a hand finding the source of your starting issue.