Q: Car problems

asked by on November 05, 2016

So my question is if a had my engine rebuilt should i have catalytic converter failure.

Oxygen Sensor Replacement $108.80 - $869.59 Get a Quote

It will depend on why you had the engine rebuilt? If you had the engine rebuilt due to overheating and coolant came out of your exhaust then you may have damaged the catalyst during this period by sending hot coolant into the converter. This hot coolant contaminate the O2 sensors and the catalyst inside the converter can get melted and cracked apart clogging the exhaust and also would not perform correctly to clean the exhaust. You may have to replace the O2 sensors and replace the converter.