Q: broke belt, replaced belt, now car will turn over but will not crank

broke belt, replaced belt, now car will turn over but will not crank....maybe i bumped a wire or something

Check the lower left side of the engine to check to see if the crankshaft speed sensor was damaged when the belt was broke or when the new one was replaced. It has two wires and a connector. The wires are white and blue. If that is not the issue, or you would like help getting this diagnosed, a certified pro from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your car’s starting issue and assist you with any adjustments or repairs that are needed.

• broke belt, replaced belt, now car will turn over but will not crank