Q: Is a Vehicle With a Bad Exhaust System Dangerous?

Is a vehicle with a bad exhaust system dangerous?

In most states in the USA, if you have an exhaust leak, you will fail that state’s annual safety inspection. The vehicle will then be rejected for safety due to exhaust gases such as NOx, carbon monoxide, and many other harmful gases, which can cause the driver to fall asleep and is bad for you to breathe in. But that is usually only in extreme exhaust leak cases when you travel long-distances with the vehicle’s windows closed.

Toxic gases can enter the compartment where we sit and drive, which makes the effects of an exhaust leak dangerous. If you are experiencing an exhaust leak, take the time to have it inspected and repaired by a qualified technician before the effects become worse.

3. Is a Vehicle With a Bad Exhaust System Dangerous?