Q: Fuel gauge acting erratically

My fuel gauge is acting erratic. It stays on full for a while, then the low fuel level light comes on when it is at full. I think it could be a problem with the fuel tank sending unit.

It’s possible that you have a problem with your fuel gauge. The only way to tell is to pull the fuel pump out and check resistance on the sending unit. I would suggest having a certified technician come out and remove the fuel tank and check resistance on the sending unit and, if needed, replace the fuel pump and sending unit.

3. Fuel gauge acting erratically