Q: Will a missing air box resonator stop my car from going over 10mph?

Car was in a front end collision drove car to work but car was driving normal like before the car accident then after i was trying to speed the car starting stalling in slowing down in then wouldn't go over 10 also jerking . After I got in crash noticed the air box resonator was missing in the air box cleaner also had cracks in it after the accident my hood was knocked off to so exposed to air . Will this cause my car too not go over 10mph also jerking in the brake pedal is hard and check engine light have appeared please help thanks in advance

Hi There, The air box resonator missing should not impact the running condition of your vehicle at all. If the air box had cracks in it, this may have caused excess air to be injected into the intake system which may affect the reading of something called the mass air flow sensor which meters the air intake into the engine. When this is producing faulty readings or detects abnormal air intake, this may cause the jerking reactions you describe. The mass air flow sensor monitors air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. This sensor relays vital information to the ECM which uses this to make adjustments to fuel supply to the motor. A dirty or faulty sensor can cause an imbalanced air/fuel load to be supplied to the motor which results in an over fueling or under fueling situation depending on the conditions. This type of inconsistent fuel supply to the motor may cause a hesitation, loss of power, a jerking reaction, potentially a bit of black exhaust smoke and typically a strong smell of fuel when this sensor is malfunctioning. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Will a missing air box resonator stop my car from going over 10mph?