Q: After sitting over night the brakes on my wife's 2001 Mercury Sable won't release . After waiting several minutes there's a pop a they release

Rear brakes will not release after sitting over night. While warming up the car there will be a metallic pop and they release. Brakes don't hang up all the time.

Hi there. The noise that you are hearing is the parking brakes not releasing. Check the cable to the parking brake pedal and see if the cable is snagging on something under the car. If not, then the rear brakes are getting stuck and need cleaned and repaired. If you need further assistance with your rear brakes sticking, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• After sitting over night the brakes on my wife's 2001 Mercury Sable won't release . After waiting several minutes there's a pop a they release