Q: Won't crank.

asked by on June 23, 2016

I was having a overheating problem for about a week, I ended cracking the radiator. I replaced the water pump, other than the crack it's holding water and was working fine. I was driving the next morning and I lost power from the accelerator in the middle of the road. Now it will not crank. After trying a few times in can smell gas, it seems like it is trying to turn over but won't fire. I have searched all over the Internet and I have tried a lot of tests nothing has worked so far. I don't really have the cash or ability to take it to a professional, unless I get something here looks like I'm going to have to.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Depending on if you overheated the engine and it still has the cracked radiator, then you may have more than one problem. You may have a problem with the crankshaft sensor if you are not getting spark. You said you smell fuel, so make sure you do not see any leaks. If you have a mobile mechanic diagnose the car’s starting problem, you would save money in the long run since a correct diagnosis is needed to prevent replacing good components.