Q: what are the two sensors called that I need to replace on my 2013 chevy malibu that reads AC unit off due to high engine temp

I have a 2013 Chevy malibu that while I was driving displayed the message "AC unit off due to high engine temp" I read on reviews that one of your mechanics posted that I have two sensors that may need to be replaced. I was wondering what are the two sensors called?

Hi Ruben. Thanks for contacting us today. The sensors that will monitor data are the engine temperature sensor and the coolant temperature sensor. They work together to relay data to the ECU. If the engine temperature is too hot, an error code will be activated and disable the AC system. If the sensors were failing, then your car would likely overheat, as they also help to activate thermostats, activate the cooling fan and adjust fuel trim. So, I would suspect that the issue is an actual periodic overheating problem. You can test this theory by having this error code cleared from the ECU by a professional mechanic and seeing if a temperature sensor failure code is present. It’s also possible that you simply have a dirty connection on the coolant temperature sensor or the radiator temperature sensor. You should refer to your service manual to find the location of these two sensors.