Q: (1994 Lexus LS400). I am needing to replace my Cam Position Sensor

asked by on April 10, 2017

(1994 Lexus LS400). I am needing to replace my Cam Position Sensor #2 (Right bank, passenger side) on a CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS CAR (Lexus part 90919-05010). NO WHERE in the country, Lexus or aftermarket, is still selling this product. And every website is full of S&^* when they list it with them. I call and they don't have it. I am working with SALVAGE YARDS now to retrieve a used sensor. But before they agree to pull it from the motor, they want to know "whats involved" with retrieving it. Can you tell me "whats involved" with retrieving the sensor on a motor that is SITTING ON THE SHELF?

I found one on EBAY in Australia (90919-05010) but the seller won’t ship it to the U.S. If it were the left side you wouldn’t be having this problem because the left side sensor is identical for both CA and Fed. emissions, at least according to the catalog and it is readily available. If I were you, I would first call Technical support at Beck Arnley, BWD, and/or Standard to make sure that they do not catalog a CA application for the right side. If they don’t, you’re right, you will have to find a used one. Basically all that is involved is one retaining bolt. If you sent the yard a picture of the unit (from Internet) they will be able to remove it. By the way, another option for you is to submit a request for the sensor via Car-part.com and hopefully you will find one that way. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.