Q: My van won't start.. it's not the battery or the starter they are both brand new and I also had the starter relay changed ..

Two months ago I had a shitty mechanic.. change my battery from a top post to q side post.. when he dis he cut my positive wire to far down.. anyway I had another backyard mechanic spice the wire .now mind you it's already corroded.. now my van won't start at all...and the code 1684 comes up on the dash as does the word done

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. The code P1684 is for a battery disconnect from the battery to the computer system. The corrosion on the battery cable will block electrical current from traveling from the battery to the computer. I recommend removing and replacing the battery cable to the correct type that is designed for your vehicle and cleaning the battery terminals up with baking soda and water. This will neutralize any acid on the battery posts and remove all of the corrosion. If you need assistance in replacing the battery cable, then seek out a professional, as one from YourMechanic to help you with your battery cable replacement.

3. My van won't start.. it's not the battery or the starter they are both brand new and I also had the starter relay changed ..