Q: Interior lights don't come on when opening door

When I open my door to my Honda the interior lights don’t come on. It’s very dark inside at night and not safe at all. I was wondering what to do to make my interior lights come on when I open the door. Is there a button, switch or settings somewhere? Thank you.

Hello. There should be a switch located on the interior light of your car that has a switch to operate the lights when the door is opened or closed. The symbol that is most commonly used to indicate the location of this switch is one that looks like a door. It is also possible that your dimmer switch is in the off position or on a very low dim setting preventing the interior lights from coming on. If you require assistance with this problem, a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can come inspect the interior lights on your car and assist with a repair.

3. Interior lights don't come on when opening door