Q: whats the best way to clean the throttlebody?

asked by on November 26, 2016

my truck kind of sputters,only barely,at take off & im burning gas faster than usual

Car is not getting enough power Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. The best way to clean the throttle is to remove it from the vehicle. Find a throttle body or MAF cleaning product of your choice and use the nozzle that comes with it. When taking the steps to remove the throttle, you will have to remove part of the intake and the other components. Go ahead inspect the everything from the air filter to the engine. Make sure there are no cracks or holes effecting engine performance. Also make sure your spark plugs and ignition system are working correctly. The spark plugs can be changed everyday, and it would only be beneficial to the vehicle. These can cause a major drain on the engine if they are not producing a hot enough spark. Also consider the last time you replaced the fuel filter. This will also rob you of gas mileage. Take the recommended actions based on what the recent repair history is for the vehicle.