Q: Misfire, loss of power, CEL comes on... Replacing ignition coils did not fix

My BMW is running very rough, misfires often, idles rough, extreme loss of power, acceleration, etc. Took to the "BMW Repair Shop" and had the walnut blast done, but opted to replace the spark plugs (Bosch plugs) and ignition coils myself. New Coil Stamp V 8647689-01 0 221504 470 16-07-05 F 01033 BOSCH ALL CEM 01

Old Coil Stamp V 7562744 80-02 0 221504 470 06-09-13 D 04860 BOSCH ALL CEM 01

The old coil has a different bottom end.

Did I use the right coils? Could the be something else wrong?

Hello. The numbers you have provided did not yield any results through my search. If the part numbers are different, and the ends are physically different, then they may very well be different coils or it may just be an updated design. I would verify with a parts specialist or BMW dealership if the parts are compatible or not. Also, keep in mind that it may be possible that the coil packs are not the source of the issue. If the Check Engine Light is on I would scan the trouble codes as they may help shed some light on if the coils are the issue or not. A certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the Check Engine Light and loss of power in order to make the correct repairs.

3. Misfire, loss of power, CEL comes on... Replacing ignition coils did not fix