Q: Where is the thermostat on a 2008 dodge nitro 4.0l

Where is thermostat located at an how long would it take me to replace

Hello, thank you for writing in. The thermostat is located under the coolant reservoir at the front of the vehicle. There are diagrams available in the service manual. To start the process you need to access the thermostat. This is best done by removing the air filter, its housing, and the duct work. There will be fluid in the cooling system, so you will want to drain the coolant before removal. Remove the bolts from the thermostat housing, and you can take the thermostat out. Some find it easier to access from the bottom, while some access it from the top of the vehicle. It will depend on what tools you have available. The time it will take will depend on your experience and tools at hand. Something like this will likely take a few hours to half of a day with standard tools in your garage. For more help replacing the thermostat, contact our service department to schedule an appointment at your home or office.