Q: Car jerks when shifted into drive, transmission slipping

Hi. My car has around 190,000 miles on it and some transmission problems. The issue happens on startup, when I try to shift into gear. I apply drive and the car starts jerking. There is also transmission slipping and car jerking during driving. It seems that there is a bit much fluid. Can this issue be caused by that or is it more serious? Thank you in advance.

Hello. Too much transmission fluid sometimes causes slipping in the transmission, but usually causes seals to blow or fail prematurely. It sounds like your car may have a misfire condition. This means that one or more of your spark plugs are not getting an electric spark. It is possible that a tune-up could fix your problem. It would be a good idea for you to have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, complete a misfire inspection to determine what is causing your vehicle’s issues.