Q: car keys getting hung up in the ignition

My car keys get hung up in the ignition and it doesn't turn very easily at times. The existing key has a computer chip in it. Do I have to go to the Chevy Dealership to get a new ingnition cylinder and keys with chip in it or can I buy regular keys and a regular cylinder at the autoparts store?

You cannot buy regular keys and key cylinders to replace the code key set you have now. You can check to see if you can purchase the code key ignition set aftermarket, but I would only recommend the dealer part. The reason is that the dealer part is approved as a replacement and should not have any issues when you replace it. Aftermarket parts are not regulated by the manufacture and have a higher rate of not working when you reprogram the computer to work with the new keys. I recommend having this looked at by a qualified technician who can inspect your key turning problem and make the correct repairs.

3. car keys getting hung up in the ignition