Q: Oil leaking

My car just had a oil pan gasket replacement from a yourMechanic technician to attempt to fix my oil leak. There is still a pretty significant leak and I am not seeing any change. What else could this be and where do I go from here ?

Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Oil can leak from the valve cover gaskets, the oil pressure sending unit, the front and rear crankshaft seals, camshaft seals and through any o-ring that seals sensors to the block or head. It is possible to have multiple leak points and assuming the oil pan gasket was replaced, and that leak was eliminated, obviously an additional leak or leak points exist. A key question is did you request a complete oil leak diagnostic and, if so, were all the potential leaks pinpointed before the work was done? If the leak diagnostic was not done, to resolve all leaks that is the next logical step. If the pan gasket leak was the only leak identified and is presently still the only leak (i.e., no new leaks have developed in other locations), then the next step would be a warranty claim. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr